Here are some general steps for cutting men's hair:
1. Start off with clean hair.
2. Prep the sides and length.
3. Trim your sides and hair in the back.
4. Clean up with precision trimmer.
5. Use cutting shears for length.
Here is a more detailed tutorial from L'Oréal Paris hair expert Mariano Cuevas on how to cut men's hair at home, perfect for beginners who are looking to provide a basic men's haircut for the first time. The tutorial includes what you'll need: clippers with several attachment guards, precision trimmer, cutting comb, cutting shears, hair clips.